- See attached directions to McMillan woods – we are camping in site #5.
- We are meeting OUTSIDE of the main entrance to the Gettysburg National Park Museum and Visitors Center prior to 9am on Saturday 9/19. Please do not enter prior to that. At 9 am we will take a group picture, organize patrols, go over last minute announcements and distribute tickets to the museum and theater.
- If you are carpooling- it is important to know who is driving you and to stay with that person.
- We will be distributing a roster for scouts and adults to carry with them.. It will have cell phone numbers
Equipment to bring:
- THIS IS A CLASS A UNIFORM WEEKEND. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO HIKE AND TOUR IN YOUR CLASS A UNIFORM including neckerchief and slide. If you are missing a neckerchief or slide, we will have some for sale. Once we are in our campsite, you can change into your class B uniform. Don’t forget extra socks!
- You are responsible to bring typical equipment you need for a weekend campout. Please see your scout handbook for help. Don’t forget your toiletry kit – a scout is clean!
- You can and are encouraged to bring your own tent. If you need to use a troop tent please ask. If you have a troop tent from summer camp and you still need to use it, please bring it. We are asking you to bring your own tent because we are still in the process of organizing and cataloging our troop tents and are not quite done with that process.
- Remember to bring your knife/fork/spoon kit as well as a mess kit and camp cup.
- It will be above 85 degrees when we are hiking – bring at least 2 FULL Nalgene type bottles. If you are hiking the Billy Yank trail (10 miles) – three Nalgene bottles are suggested.
- Bring a day pack with the following: pocketknife or multitool, personal first-aid kit, poncho, small flashlight, trail food/lunch, water, sun protection (might include sunblock, sunglasses, lip balm and a wide-brimmed hat), and compass, extra pair of socks. You must leave your backpack in cars while at the visitor’s center.
- Sturdy and waterproof boots or shoes – the grass in the campsite might be wet with dew in the am.
- For those scouts taking prescription medication – please supply the exact dosage needed for the weekend in the original container. Prescription meds need to be turned over to Mr. D’Elia immediately upon arrival with clear direction regarding dosage and timing.
- This is something that is not cast in stone. It depends upon when you complete the self-guided tour at the Eisenhower Farm. If you are carpooling, please defer to the driver as to what time you are leaving. It is safe to say you will probably be wrapped up by noon.
- If you are using troop gear, remember to clean and dry it immediately when you get home.