This is your opportunity as a Boy Scout to mentor Cub Scouts.
Remember when you were a Cub and those Boy Scouts came to your meetings… to tell stories and teach skills. Now it’s your turn to be a good example, someone to look up to, someone to respect.
Cub Scout Pack 160 needs your help:
The Den Leaders really need two Scouts per Den.
We appreciate those Scouts who have stepped forward to volunteer their time and skills. You can see there are still vacancies below:
Monday 6:00 – 7:00 Room 21 Den 2 Web l
- Gregory McMillian
- Vacant spot – we need your help
Tuesday 6:00 – 7:00 Room 21 Den 3 Wolf
- Jonathan Rabbe
- Vacant spot – we need your help
Tuesday 6:30 – 7:30 Room 13 Den 6 Bear
- Conner Tone
- Gordy Sebring
Wednesday 6:00 – 7:00 Room 21 Den 1 Web II
- Matthew Kelleher
- Caleb Gercken
Thursday 6:00 – 7:00 Room 13 Den 5 Tiger
- Josh Schmidt
- Kevin Whittaker
Speak with Mr. Rich right away at (570) 262-2807
Look for the next post on Den Chief training – October 21.
Why Sell Popcorn?
• Scouts gain confidence, salesmanship and communication skills, and a sense of accomplishment. The popcorn sale is not about selling popcorn, it’s about promoting Scouting and the Scouting ideals!
• It is an opportunity for all Scouts to earn monies towards their Scouting expenses.
• The popcorn sale helps the Council raise money for improving the summer camp facilities/building new camp locations, offering more extensive training for our volunteer leaders and members, and helping us get to know and serve the needs of our volunteers and Units better.
Click on the links below for more information:
Popcorn Order Form
Popcorn Prize Form
The annual Troop 160 French Toast Breakfast will be Saturday, November 11th, 2017. We are looking for business donations to help offset some of our costs. If you know of a business that might be willing to donate the cost of a ham, please print the attached form to solicit their donation.
Ham_Sponsor2017 – PDF
Ham_Sponsor2017 – DOCX
Ham_Sponsor2017 – ODT
We’re also looking for families to donate baked goods. Just sign up HERE.
And families can to donate the cost of a ham. Just sign up HERE.
Here is a partial list of the sponsors so far. FTB_2017_Ham_Sponosrs
Our Scouting community will gather together at Lawrence E. Young Funeral Home, 418 S. State Street, Clarks Summit on Tuesday – August 8, 2017 at 3pm to conduct a memorial service for Seamus Heaney.
We will meet at 9am on Wednesday– August 9, 2017 at Lawrence E. Young Funeral Home and process to Our Lady of Snows Catholic Church for a 9:30 Mass
More detailed information has been emailed to families – please contact Mr. D’Elia (570-840-4832) if you have any questions.
It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Alyssa Schlosser, the wife of Troop 160 Eagle Scout Andrew Schlosser, daughter-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. William Schlosser, and Aunt of Josh Schmidt. Alyssa passed away on Thursday 7/20 after a lengthy illness. We ask that you keep her families in your prayers at this incredibly sad time.
Communications are a challenge for any group. Troop 160 offers several ways to remain informed so you can decide what works best for you.
1) – Subscribe to webpage updates. This is our primary communication mechanism. Subscribe on the home page on the left navigation pane at the bottom. You may unsubscribe at any time.
2) Sign up for the REMIND system to get important and infrequent text updates. Join the Troop 160 “class” by texting @8e7471 to 81010. You can also join the class using the following link in your browser.
Both communication mechanisms are meant for both Scouts and Parents.
Whoever your favorite galactic crusader may be..
Summer camp is here and May the 4th is the day for your to bring your Parent to the Thursday meeting to register for camp.
- Please download and print the Summer Camp Payment Worksheet 2017 (1) blank form and send it in with your Scout to the May 4, 2017 Scout Meeting.
- Also bring your checkbook with a BLANK check made out to “Boy Scout Troop 160” as the exact amount due will be calculated at the meeting.
- You may fill in quantities on the form but please do not fill in dollar amounts.
We will calculate the total balance due and deduct the balance available in the Scout account.
for more information click here
We extend congratulations to the following leaders who were recently honored at our Dan Beard District Dinner:
Kevin Sebring and C.J. Hughes completed their Wood Badge Adult Leadership Training Course – the highest training course offered in the Boy Scouts. Along with Mr Bill Schlosser who was recognized for 45 years of Scouting Service and Mrs Patricia Schlosser for her 40 years of Scouting Service.
Due to weather, the February 9th, 2017 Scout Meeting is cancelled.
The annual Troop 160 French Toast Breakfast will be Saturday, November 5th, 2016. We are looking for business donations to help offset some of our costs. If you know of a business that might be willing to donate the cost of a ham, please print the attached form to solicit their donation.
Ham Sponsor Form 2016
We’re also looking for families to donate the cost of a ham. Just sign up HERE.
While you are on the Sign Up page, please note that you can also sign up to provide baked goods or donations of other food items.