Welcome back. We have a great year planned ahead. Your annual dues will be collected and French Toast Tickets will be distributed.
Bring your parents to the CSUMC this Thursday September 14 @ 7:30 pm. We will recognize the Scouts who earned merit badges from Summer Camp, and those who earned a new Rank since our last award ceremony.
Return any Troop equipment (tents, etc.) so we can prepare for Gettysburg.
Class A Uniforms
Please bring your checkbook to pay your annual dues.
Our first Troop 160 meeting this year will be a family picnic. We are gathering at Hillside Park from 6pm – 7:30pm on Thursday September 7th. We’ll be serving hot dogs, chips, and desserts.
Please bring a friend or two who might enjoy the fun. There is no cost for this event.
Class B uniform.
Hillside Park is located at 1188 Winola Road in South Abington Twp, PA 18411
The road is also known as PA Rt. 307 and Winola Road.
As a point of reference the park is adjacent to Clarks Summit State Hospital, and is a few blocks away from Abington Heights High School.
Our Scouting community will gather together at Lawrence E. Young Funeral Home, 418 S. State Street, Clarks Summit on Tuesday – August 8, 2017 at 3pm to conduct a memorial service for Seamus Heaney.
We will meet at 9am on Wednesday– August 9, 2017 at Lawrence E. Young Funeral Home and process to Our Lady of Snows Catholic Church for a 9:30 Mass
More detailed information has been emailed to families – please contact Mr. D’Elia (570-840-4832) if you have any questions.
It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Alyssa Schlosser, the wife of Troop 160 Eagle Scout Andrew Schlosser, daughter-in-law of Mr. and Mrs. William Schlosser, and Aunt of Josh Schmidt. Alyssa passed away on Thursday 7/20 after a lengthy illness. We ask that you keep her families in your prayers at this incredibly sad time.
Many thanks to the Troop 160 adult leaders, Parents of Scouts, and Scouts for their efforts to make 2017 Scout camp a week to remember.
Here is a link to the closing slide show from 2017. It will be available for about 30 days.
Thanks for making a difference in the lives of tomorrow’s leaders.
We are not assisting the CSUMC this weekend – it will be the first weekend in August.
We need ADULT and Scout help to setup and take down Canopies for the Clarks Summit United Methodist Church Craft Fair on August 4th and 5th. (takedown August 6th if it rains on the 5th)
Please SIGN UP for at least one day – more if you can. We especially need ADULT help this year.
SIGN UP SHEET HERE
We need ADULT and Scout help to guide cars at the St. Benedict’s Bazaar on August 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Saint Benedict’s Catholic Church, 1843-, 1859 Newton Ransom Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411
Please SIGN UP for at least one day – more if you can. We especially need ADULT help this year. Safety vests will be provided.
SIGNUP SHEET HERE
Saturday: 5pm – 8pm
Scouts can take the bus to the bazaar to enjoy the festivities at the end of their shift.
Parents – we really need your help, please.
Its going to be an awesome week at Summer camp. Here a few reminders:
- If you haven’t submitted your medical form you must bring two copies with you to camp. Scouts who are missing forms or have improper forms will NOT be allowed to stay.
- Make sure you bring your Scout Handbook, pen and paper, and all Merit Badge pre-reqs.
- $10 for each T-Shirt ordered.
- Scouts to arrive at 1 pm Saturday afternoon. Patrol Leaders arrive at noon. Parents: drop off Scouts at the field adjacent to the GPSR Chapel. Make a right off of Goose Pond Road after you pass the shale pit (parking area) –Directions Here–
- Goose Pond Campsite Map Here – we are at Pioneer Campsite on the hill to the South East.
- Parents: For Wednesday night’s Family Night, arrive at approximately 5:15 pm, Dinner will be at 6:30. Remember to bring the food you volunteered to share. Also, please make sure you have lawn chairs for the famous Troop 160 campfire. Bug spray is suggested.
We will meet at the Church hall this Wednesday at 6:00pm to prepare the trailers for camp. We need as many Scouts as possible to help.