All Summer Camp information is in this post. Click on each Tab to see the details.
Troop 160 Summer Camp at Goose Pond Scout Reservation will be here in no time. We’re expecting another terrific and fun-filled week. Please read the following carefully. Print and share with your parent’s so they can help complete all the requirements
- Summer Camp begins Saturday, July 7th, 2018. Please do not arrive prior to 1pm. Upon arrival, please check in with your patrol leader and notify him you are in camp.
- Summer Camp ends Saturday, July 14th. Pickup is 9am. Please do not be late. If there is a problem with pickup, please contact Mr. D’Elia immediately.
- Summer Camp cost is $360, due to Mr. Heaney by May 3rd. Bring a blank check to complete during registration so that proceeds from the French Toast Breakfast or Pasta Dinner can be applied. After May 3rd the Camp increases the cost by $25 to $385 and this is absolutely due by June 8th.
- Also due by May 3rd
- payment for a copy of the Troop picture, if you want one. Cost is $7.
- selection and payment for Saturday Dinner – $10 per person for steak and $7.50 per person for chicken. This cost is NOT included in the Camp cost. Everyone including ALL adults staying for dinner must pay.
- payment for Wednesday’s Parent’s night – $5 per person. Scouts and anyone under 8 is free.
There are a few things that you need to take care of very soon, so please take action.
Adult Responsible: Ms. Mary Ann Menditto
A new form is needed every year. Physician’s signature must be no earlier than July 2017.
We must have a current medical form for everyone attending camp, both Scouts and Adults. Medical forms must be signed by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant. It must also be signed by parents or guardians. Once signed, make two copies. Both copies are due to Ms. Mary Ann Menditto as soon as possible. Please remember to attach a copy of both sides of your health insurance card (on a single sheet of paper please) to the end of your med form. The original should be kept by your parent’s for future reference. Final due date for medical forms is June 14th.
Prescription and non-prescription medication for scouts must be turned into the adult leadership upon arrival to camp. All medication must be in its original container and placed in a large zip lock bag with the Scout’s name on it. Please make sure medication dosages are clearly labeled. For scouts who need OTC medicine, please provide the medication in its original container and remember to provide us with the proper dosing.
Campers and adults who arrive at camp without a properly-completed medical form will be sent home after 24 hours. This policy is strictly enforced.
Merit Badge Sign Ups
Adult Responsible: Mr. D’Elia
Review the Advancement schedule and pre-reqs for each Merit Badge and determine your choices. Your requests must be submitted to and approved by Mr. D’Elia. Make a list of the merit badges you want to earn at camp and review them with the Scoutmaster ASAP.
How to Pay for Summer Camp
Download and print the attached form. Complete the form and bring it with a blank check to the May 3rd or May 10th Troop Meeting. Mr. Heaney will review the form, apply amounts from your Scout’s camp account, and let you know the remaining balance. At that time you will complete filling out the check.
The form includes the following:
Summer Camp Cost – $385(Early Payment $360)
Please note that at least $50 of this is non-refundable and there are rules for obtaining refunds. Price rises to $385 if not paid on time.
Camp Photo – $7 each
Saturday Troop 160 Dinner – $10/$7.50per person
The cost of Saturday dinner is $10(steak) or $7.50(chicken) for all Scouts and adults.
Wednesday Troop 160 Family Night
Wednesday July 11th is Family Night at Summer-Camp. Cost is $5 per person. Additionally, be prepared to bring a dish to pass in a disposable container. The payment worksheet allows you to select what you will bring. Scouts, and youth 8 and under are free.
Directions to Goose Pond Scout Reservation
Camp Site: Pioneer – Enter the first parking area on the right side of Goose Pond Road after you pass the Main Camp Entrance which is on the left.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GO TO THE NEXT PAGE