Please join us for some quick and easy community service hours on SUNDAY, July 2nd, at 9am at the AH Middle School. We’ll be doing some easy pick up from the Fireworks the previous evening. Gloves and rakes are recommended. We should be done by 11am.
NOTE: the Troop calendar previously indicated Monday. The fireworks are on Saturday night and we are cleaning up on SUNDAY. If the fireworks show is rained out, then the show is postponed to Sunday and we will clean up on Monday.
Unfortunately, since we did not make the quota to reserve a group spot, the trip is cancelled.
Scouts will NOT be allowed to attend Camp without their Medical Forms. Parents need to submit two copies of the med forms along with two copies of their health insurance card photo copied front and back.
Please bring your paperwork to the next meeting.
If you are not able to attend the meeting, please contact one of the adult leaders.
We need your vote now – no later than..
for Lahey Fun Park…
Lahey Family Fun Park
All Summer Camp information is in this post. Click on each Tab to see the details.
Troop 160 Summer Camp at Goose Pond Scout Reservation will be here in no time. We’re expecting another terrific and fun-filled week. Please read the following carefully. Print and share with your parent’s so they can help complete all the requirements
- Summer Camp begins Saturday, July 8th, 2017. Please do not arrive prior to 1pm. Upon arrival, please check in with your patrol leader and notify him you are in camp.
- Summer Camp ends Saturday, July 15th. Pickup is 9am. Please do not be late. If there is a problem with pickup, please contact Mr. D’Elia immediately.
- Summer Camp cost is $350, due to Mr. Heanay by May 4th. Bring a blank check to complete during registration so that proceeds from the French Toast Breakfast or Pasta Dinner can be applied. After May 5th the Camp increases the cost by $25 to $375 and this is absolutely due by June 8th.
- Also due by May 4th
- payment for a copy of the Troop picture, if you want one. Cost is $7.
- selection and payment for Saturday Dinner – $10 per person for steak and $5 per person for chicken. This cost is NOT included in the Camp cost. Everyone including ALL adults staying for dinner must pay.
- payment for Wednesday’s Parent’s night – $5 per person. Scouts and anyone under 8 is free.
There are a few things that you need to take care of very soon, so please take action.
Adult Responsible: Mr. Blakiewicz
A new form is needed every year. Physician’s signature must be no earlier than July 2016.
We must have a current medical form for everyone attending camp, both Scouts and Adults. Medical forms must be signed by a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant. It must also be signed by parents or guardians. Once signed, make two copies. Both copies are due to Mr. Blakiewicz as soon as possible. Please remember to attach a copy of both sides of your health insurance card (on a single sheet of paper please) to the end of your med form. The original should be kept by your parent’s for future reference. Final due date for medical forms is June 17th.
Prescription and non-prescription medication for scouts must be turned into the adult leadership upon arrival to camp. All medication must be in its original container and placed in a large zip lock bag with the Scout’s name on it. Please make sure medication dosages are clearly labeled. For scouts who need OTC medicine, please provide the medication in its original container and remember to provide us with the proper dosing.
Campers and adults who arrive at camp without a properly-completed medical form will be sent home after 24 hours. This policy is strictly enforced.
Merit Badge Sign Ups
Adult Responsible: Mr. D’Elia
Review the Advancement schedule and pre-reqs for each Merit Badge and determine your choices. Your requests must be submitted to and approved by Mr. D’Elia. You can use the link below to submit electronically.
How to Pay for Summer Camp
Download and print the attached form. Complete the form and bring it with a blank check to the May 4th or May 11th Troop Meeting. Mr. Heaney will review the form, apply amounts from your Scout’s camp account, and let you know the remaining balance. At that time you will complete filling out the check.
Payment Worksheet 2017 (click here)
The form includes the following:
Summer Camp Cost – $350 (Currently $375)
Please note that at least $50 of this is non-refundable and there are rules for obtaining refunds. Price rises to $375 if not paid on time.
Camp Photo – $7 each
Saturday Troop 160 Dinner – $10/$5 per person
The cost of Saturday dinner is $10 (steak) or $5 (chicken) for all Scouts and adults.
Wednesday Troop 160 Family Night
Wednesday July 15th is Family Night at Summer-Camp. Cost is $5 per person. Additionally, be prepared to bring a dish to pass in a disposable container. The payment worksheet allows you to select what you will bring. Scouts, and youth 8 and under are free.
Directions to Goose Pond Scout Reservation
Camp Site: Pioneer – Enter the first parking area on the right side of Goose Pond Road after you pass the Main Camp Entrance which is on the left.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GO TO THE NEXT PAGE
Communications are a challenge for any group. Troop 160 offers several ways to remain informed so you can decide what works best for you.
1) – Subscribe to webpage updates. This is our primary communication mechanism. Subscribe on the home page on the left navigation pane at the bottom. You may unsubscribe at any time.
2) Sign up for the REMIND system to get important and infrequent text updates. Join the Troop 160 “class” by texting @8e7471 to 81010. You can also join the class using the following link in your browser.
Both communication mechanisms are meant for both Scouts and Parents.
Who: Troop 160 Friends, family, and whomever else (everyone is responsible to pay for themselves)
What: Trip to Lahey Family Fun Park
When: Thursday, June 22, 6-8 Pm
Where: 500 Morgan Hwy, Clarks Summit
There are two packages we can choose from.(more information on the signup sheet)
If there are less than 20 sign ups for either group, then the groups will be merged into one. For example, if 15 people sign up for Bronze, and ten for Silver, then the Silver group will be disbanded and those people will be included in the Bronze group.
Follow this link to the signup sheets